A Sliding Gate is a type of gate that operates by sliding horizontally along a track or rail. It is a popular choice for driveways, entrances, and areas with limited space for gate swing.
Variants with Technical Specifications:
- Steel Sliding Gate: Durable and strong, suitable for high-security applications.
- Aluminum Sliding Gate: Lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and often chosen for its aesthetic appeal.
- Wrought Iron Sliding Gate: Known for its decorative and ornate designs.
- Wooden Sliding Gate: Provides a natural and classic look, suitable for residential areas.
- Motorized Sliding Gate: Can be automated with motors for convenient remote control.
- Manual Sliding Gate: Operated manually by pushing or pulling.
- Bottom Track: The gate slides on a track installed on the ground.
- Cantilever System: Utilizes a counterbalance to allow smooth sliding without a bottom track.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can a Sliding Gate be automated later if initially installed manually?
Yes, many sliding gates can be retrofitted with automation systems.
What safety features are important for automated Sliding Gates?
Safety features may include obstacle detection, safety sensors, and auto-reverse mechanisms.
How does a Cantilever Sliding Gate work?
It uses a counterbalance and carriage system, allowing the gate to slide without a bottom track.